Worksolv are a building maintenance firm based in Edenfield. Since our founding in 2008 we have focused on providing a high quality, customer focused service which has led to rapid growth year on year. We offer a planned and reactive maintenance service and attribute our success to individual accountability, value for money and a sound understanding of client needs.
We offer a wide range of building services to our clients across the commercial environment.
We currently have an opportunity for an experienced construction operative to join our team to undertake reactive and planned building fabric maintenance works based in the North East.
The candidate will have experience in
- Flat/Pitched roofing systems
- Site Carpentry/Joinery
- Brick and Block Work
- Excavation and reinstatement of ground condition
- Floor screeding and the application of various coverings
- Various decorative finishes
- Wall and Floor Tiling
- Dry Lining
- Drainage and water supply installation and repair
Key responsibilities will include
- Completing maintenance to a high standard and within agreed timescale
- Answering calls on fabric and plumbed services as required and carrying out surveys, highlighting major defects to management to enable quotations to be prepared.
- Ensuring all Quality, Health, Safety and Environment company procedures are adhered to
- Carrying out works outside of normal hours which may include overnight stays
- Communicating health and safety issues to clients and management
- Understanding and completing all work related documentation accurately and on time
- Attending and fully participating in training and appraisal activities as required
Essential skills and experience
- Treats others with dignity and respect
- Communicates well with both colleagues and clients
- Takes ownership of personal development
- Broad experience and qualifications in building
- Full UK Driver’s License
- Intermediate level of I.T. skills
Desirable skills and experience
- IPAF 1b, 3a and 3b
- CSCS Card
- Site Supervisors Safety Training Scheme
- Experience and qualifications in electrical installation/repair and natural gas systems
Wage – Dependent on experience
The position would suit a proactive individual who enjoys a challenge and is passionate about their work. If you would enjoy working as part of a team in a busy environment apply today.
Final acceptance to this position is dependent on a background and security check (including CRB). Worksolv is an equal opportunity employer.